WHO ARE WE
The Council of Ghanaian Associations of Dallas/ Fort Worth (COGA-DFW) is a 501-(C)(3) non- for-profit; non-political; civic and cultural organization.
We act as the coordinating/umbrella group for the various Ethnic groups from Ghana in the Dallas Forth Worth metropolitan area. We currently have 10 Associations and 1 Professional group represented on the Council.
Some of the activities we engage in include:
- 1.Helping in educating our young ones born in the diasporas in the Ghanaian and African culture and values.
- 2.Health Fairs to educate the general public on personal health matters.
- 3.Organizing recreational activities for the youth such as Soccer games, and other activities that may inculcate social and academic responsibilities in our youth.
- 4.Assisting bereaved families in honoring their deceased loved ones by coordinating funerals activities as needed .
The objectives of COGA-DFW include promoting, assisting in, fostering, ensuring, and undertaking any economic, technical, educational, cultural, civic, and welfare activities; projects and programs that will constructively contribute to furthering, achieving, and enhancing the well-being, understanding, and the good name of all member organizations, the homeland, and all of our people wherever they may be.
1) Assisting in and identifying development programs for our homeland.
2) Fostering and maintaining strong, meaningful, viable cooperative links with governmental and non-governmental agencies in our homeland
3) Seeking out and/or creating avenues and areas for investment and other economic opportunities for member organizations.
4) Supporting and promoting fund raising activities.
5) Promoting the Ghanaian culture in particular, and fostering a sense of African values in general.
6) Integration of our new immigrants into the Dallas Fort Worth community.
7) Fostering a sense of unity amongst Ghanaians within Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex